Friday, April 12, 2013

Christing Friday April 12th, 2013


Friday:

The third thing Paul did was to recognize God’s presence.

“The Lord stood at my side and gave me strength” (v.17) the bible repeatedly reminds us that God is there for us:

“I will not leave you orphans” John 14:18

“Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you”: Hebrews 13:5

God s always there no matter where you are or what you are doing. I remember my mom used to tell me that God was always there watching me. I think here motives were different; she didn’t want me getting into mischief so she reminded me that even if she wasn’t here watching that God was there. And He is there, always.

As King Saul chased David, David asked (rhetorically I believe) “Where shall I go from Your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from Your Presence? If I ascend up into heaven, You are there: if I make my bed in Hell, behold you are there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; even there shall Your hand lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me. “Psalm 139:7-9

Singer Amy Grant has a song that says:”I love a lonely day. It makes me think of you….it chases me to you. It clears my heart.”

The last thing that Paul did to deal with the loneliness was to empathize with other people and their needs.

When I read the article about Matthew Warren it was followed by a blog. The first few comments were empathetic toward the Warren family and shared their condolences. However, it quickly became a position point for others to attack Christianity and believers in general. They attacked the Warrens, their supposed politics and even God himself. The blog quickly turned vile and unreadable, anything but empathetic.

Remember God understands loneliness. He experienced himself. Remember the night before He was to be crucified and He sat in the Garden of Gethsemane as all of his friends fell asleep? How about the time he was betrayed my Judas? Or the time Peter denied even knowing who He was….three times? Or the ultimate when He cries out Himself: “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? (Mark 15:34)

He understands

No comments:

Post a Comment